Posted to repository@apache.org by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org> on 2007/05/21 19:39:39 UTC

Wrong pom for poi 3.0-FINAL

The pom for poi 3.0-FINAL is not correct.

I see that you use the new groupId org.apache.poi, if you use it then
we need to put pom and jar in
http://people.apache.org/repo/m1-ibiblio-rsync-repository/org.apache.poi
instead of http://people.apache.org/repo/m1-ibiblio-rsync-repository/poi

I've attached here how the pom should be
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MEV-522

If you agree I can do the changes and get it fixed, but you have to
commit the pom in svn for next versions and make sure you use the new
location.

--
I could give you my word as a Spaniard.
No good. I've known too many Spaniards.

Re[4]: Repository format

Posted by Peter Kriens <Pe...@aQute.biz>.
I guess I was looking for something like this :-)

Thanks for all the other links, I'll take a look.

Kind regards,

     Peter Kriens

Re: Re[2]: Repository format

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

Re: Re[2]: Repository format

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
You can also take a look at

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/server/trunk/modules/geronimo-kernel/src/main/java/org/apache/geronimo/kernel/repository/

On 5/22/07, Peter Kriens <Pe...@aqute.biz> wrote:

> Well, I am not running inside maven ... I want to create an
> independent downloader via a url because this allows existing
> frameworks to download bundles from a maven repo while automatically
> getting OSGi headers.
>
> However, I would like to write this application against a
> specification of the repository format (naming, directory layout,
> files, etc). I can guess, but I see a lot of variation and files I do
> not understand their meaning of.
>
> Do I  understand from your mail that no such specification exists,
> except in the source code?
>
> Kind regards,
>
>      Peter Kriens
>
> CS> do you mean like it's already done in the felix bundle plugin
> CS> bundleall and wrap goals ?
>
> CS> There's either that or the maven-downloader library
> CS>
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/maven/shared/trunk/maven-downloader/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/shared/downloader/DefaultDownloader.java
>

> CS> On 5/22/07, Peter Kriens <Pe...@aqute.biz> wrote:
> >> I am trying to create a utility that allows you to download maven jar
> >> files from a url and add OSGi headers, for example:
> >>
> >>       bnd:asm.asm-3.0
> >>
> >> To make this work reliably, I need a definition of the repository
> >> structure. However, I can not find such a document through Google. Can
> >> anyone in this list help me out?
> >>
> >> Kind regards,
> >>
> >>      Peter Kriens

> then
> >> CS>
> http://people.apache.org/repo/m1-ibiblio-rsync-repository/org.apache.poi

> new
> >>

> >> --
> >> Peter Kriens                              Tel +33467542167
> >> 9C, Avenue St. Drézéry                    AOL,Yahoo: pkriens
> >> 34160 Beaulieu, France                    ICQ 255570717
> >> Skype pkriens                             Fax +1 8153772599
> >>

> --
> Peter Kriens                              Tel +33467542167
> 9C, Avenue St. Drézéry                    AOL,Yahoo: pkriens
> 34160 Beaulieu, France                    ICQ 255570717
> Skype pkriens                             Fax +1 8153772599

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: Re[2]: Repository format

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@gmail.com>.
On 22/05/07, Peter Kriens <Pe...@aqute.biz> wrote:
> Well, I am not running inside maven ... I want to create an
> independent downloader via a url because this allows existing
> frameworks to download bundles from a maven repo while automatically
> getting OSGi headers.
>
> However, I would like to write this application against a
> specification of the repository format (naming, directory layout,
> files, etc). I can guess, but I see a lot of variation and files I do
> not understand their meaning of.
>
> Do I  understand from your mail that no such specification exists,
> except in the source code?

well, the tests consitute a formal specification against which you can code :)

I have my own impl of the m1 and m2 layout policies, and that of the
ivy local cache too. You can use it, but it is LGPL:

http://svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/smartfrog/trunk/core/smartfrog/src/org/smartfrog/services/os/java/

This design has the local and remote layouts set by policy classes,
that something else uses to do the retrieval...this makes the cost of
switching to a new layout policy (like the ivy local one) fairly low;
you just write a new policy and some tests.

-steve

Re: Re[2]: Repository format

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.
You don't need to run inside maven to use these libraries, but I guess
what you are looking for is
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/components/trunk/maven-artifact/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/artifact/repository/layout/DefaultRepositoryLayout.java

I don't think there's a spec.

Re[2]: Repository format

Posted by Peter Kriens <Pe...@aQute.biz>.

Re: Repository format

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.

Repository format

Posted by Peter Kriens <Pe...@aQute.biz>.

Re: Wrong pom for poi 3.0-FINAL

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.
On 5/22/07, Nick Burch <ni...@torchbox.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 21 May 2007, Carlos Sanchez wrote:
> > The pom for poi 3.0-FINAL is not correct.
>
> I'm not a maven user, so I asked on the users list, and followed the
> directions of the maven users there. They all thought the form we released
> was going to be fine :/
>
> > I see that you use the new groupId org.apache.poi, if you use it then
> > we need to put pom and jar in
> > http://people.apache.org/repo/m1-ibiblio-rsync-repository/org.apache.poi
> > instead of http://people.apache.org/repo/m1-ibiblio-rsync-repository/poi
>
> For now, I've added a symlink.

doesn't work like that, the metadata has groupId information and you
can't point two folders to the same metadata

I have copied the jars to org.apache.poi and fixed the poms
The one in poi redirects to org.apache.poi
The one in org.apache.poi has the dependency, license and all the
other info, please check it into subversion for next releases
http://people.apache.org/repo/m1-ibiblio-rsync-repository/org.apache.poi/poms/

> Going forward, we think we ought to be using org.apache.poi rather than
> poi. What's the recommended way to deal with moving to a qualified
> groupId, wrt old releases? Should we have a symlink, or should we keep the
> old ones under /poi/, and new ones under /org.apache.poi/?

you can't do just a symlink for the metadata.
As it stands right now people using "poi" location for 3.0-FINAL will
get a warning that it has moved to "org.apache.poi" so they update
their dependencies accordingly