Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Norris Shelton <no...@yahoo.com> on 2005/01/25 02:01:38 UTC

Tomcat does not evaluate jspf extension files

Everytime I try to use a .jsfp extension for a file, tomcat does
not evaluate it.  Comments come out, code is displayed, etc.

I also ran into this thread:
http://www.javakb.com/Uwe/Forum.aspx/java-programmer/13915/Tomcat-5-EL-Expressions-in-jsp-inlcude

He happened to be using the .jspf extension also.

I tracked it down to this in the Tomcat web.xml:
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>jspf</extension>
        <mime-type>text/plain</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>

Is the problem because .jspf is not mapped to the jsp servlet
like .jsp and .jspx are?

    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>jsp</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>*.jsp</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>jsp</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>*.jspx</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

=====

Norris Shelton
Software Engineer
Sun Certified Java 1.1 Programmer
Appriss, Inc.
ICQ# 26487421
AIM NorrisEShelton
YIM norrisshelton

Re: Tomcat does not evaluate jspf extension files

Posted by Paul Gregoire <pa...@gregoire.org>.
Ok, just so its clear...

    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>jsp</servlet-name>