Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Yitao Jiang <wi...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/20 04:08:31 UTC

Cloudstack KVM Agent Installed Failed : error: Failed dependencies

Hi,
When install cloudstack-agent from my own repos which built from source, it
failed

[root@devstack ~]# rpm -ivh
http://192.168.129.7/ieureka/cloudstack-agent-4.3.0-1.el6.x86_64.rpm
Retrieving
http://192.168.129.7/ieureka/cloudstack-agent-4.3.0-1.el6.x86_64.rpm

error: Failed dependencies:
 libvirt is needed by cloudstack-agent-4.3.0-1.el6.x86_64

But actually libvirt has installed from source (because the current
libvirt that
CentOS is shipping with in EL6  not support rbd )and works fine

[root@devstack ~]# libvirtd --version
libvirtd (libvirt) 1.2.7
[root@devstack ~]# virsh version
Compiled against library: libvirt 1.2.7
Using library: libvirt 1.2.7
Using API: QEMU 1.2.7
Running hypervisor: QEMU 0.12.1

If i used libvirt from CentOS 's repos i can install cloudstack-agent.

Can you help me out?

---
Thanks,
Yitao(依涛 姜)
jiangyt.github.io

Re: Cloudstack KVM Agent Installed Failed : error: Failed dependencies

Posted by Yitao Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Simon, I'll hava a try

---
Thanks,
Yitao(依涛 姜)
jiangyt.github.io

Posted by Simon Weller <sw...@ena.com>.
Yitao,

Posted by Yitao Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
I once create a libvirt rpm, but after install that on CentOS, it appears
not support RBD, so i installed it from source

---
Thanks,
Yitao(依涛 姜)
jiangyt.github.io