Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Alberto Moio <al...@techedgegroup.com> on 2021/05/25 10:10:21 UTC

Monitoring Consumer

Hello, I have a question about monitoring.

Can I know when a consumer or consumer-group reads a message in a topic?

Is there an API REST or a way to do this monitoring?

Thank you
[image: Techedge | Inspiring Trust. Globally.]
<http://www.techedgegroup.com/>
*Alberto Moio*
*Data Analytics | Data Platform*
alberto.moio@techedgegroup.com

*Mobile +39 3499365766 <+39%20342%207460285>*

techedgegroup.com <http://www.techedgegroup.com/>
Message for the intended recipient only. If received in error, please
contact the sender and read www.techedgegroup.com/disclaimer

Re: [External] Monitoring Consumer

Posted by "Tauzell, Dave" <Da...@surescripts.com>.
If you know the offset and partition of the message then you could use the api to determine when a consumer has acknowledged the message.

From: Jason Turim <ja...@signalvine.com>
Date: Tuesday, May 25, 2021 at 7:31 AM
To: users@kafka.apache.org <us...@kafka.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [External] Monitoring Consumer
One approach is to have the consumer publish notifications about messages
it has processed to a new topic (or other storage mechanism).

You may be able to use the admin api, but I don't think it's a standard use
case.

Posted by Jason Turim <ja...@signalvine.com>.

Posted by "Tauzell, Dave" <Da...@surescripts.com>.