Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by ChadDavis <ch...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/26 18:53:09 UTC

namespace usage

I'm coming up with my content model right now.  I'm working on a CMS
system.  Some of my node types define the structure of actual
documents in my CMS.  Other node types define stuff like folders or
search facets.

I can't decide on the best way to organize node types.  Should I
create different namespaces for category of node types?

Right now I'm tempted to stick with a single namespace, since my
application is not going to be all that large or complex ( I hope ),
and use naming conventions to identify, for instance, which of my node
types refer to documents in my system, or facets.  I considered using
mixin types top mark these purposes, sort of the use of marker
interfaces in Java.

Any advise is welcome.

Re: namespace usage

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 6:53 PM, ChadDavis <ch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I can't decide on the best way to organize node types.  Should I
> create different namespaces for category of node types?
>
> Right now I'm tempted to stick with a single namespace [...]

Sounds like the right approach. Unless you're dealing with with lots
of projects that all need to name things independently (for example,
they all have a different idea of what a "document" is), it's probably
easiest and most straightforward to use just a single namespace.

BR,

Jukka Zitting