Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Fernando Bernardino <fe...@ptcom.com.br> on 2004/09/23 18:34:16 UTC

OJB + JBoss

Hi everybody.
I have JBoss 3.2.3 working good with OJB 1.0 rc5. But I want to start over, with JBoss 3.2.5 and OJB 1.0.1.
Where I can find information about using OJB with JBoss? Links, HowTo's, anything.

Thanks for your time!

Fernando Bernardino

Re: OJB + JBoss

Posted by Armin Waibel <ar...@apache.org>.
Hi Fernando,

Fernando Bernardino wrote:
> Hi everybody.
> I have JBoss 3.2.3 working good with OJB 1.0 rc5. But I want to start over, with JBoss 3.2.5 and OJB 1.0.1.
> Where I can find information about using OJB with JBoss? Links, HowTo's, anything.

In docs you can find a section about using OJB within JBoss
http://db.apache.org/ojb/docu/guides/deployment.html#Deployment+in+EJB+based+applications

and some example session beans in [db-ojb]/src/ejb/org/apache/ojb/ejb...
http://db.apache.org/ojb/docu/guides/deployment.html#Example+Session+Beans

Compared to rc5 OJB was no longer shipped with JBoss mbeans for binding
OJB to JNDI, because bind OJB main classes to JNDI depends on the used
appServer/appServer-version and it was too difficult to realize all
changes, so I removed this part (create mbean class, create
jboss-service.xml, ...).
Now the session bean examples directly use the OJB classes to make
deployment on different appServer as easy as possible.

regards,
Armin