Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by 小林 美佳子 <ko...@intec.co.jp> on 2021/05/27 11:36:14 UTC

Can DvSwitch be used for management and storage networks for CloudStack 4.14?

Hello.

I'm designing a physical network for CloudStack 4.14.
My question is: Can DvSwitch be used for management and storage networks?

The latest release notes say the following

 > Management and Storage network does not support VDS. Therefore, use Standard Switch for these networks.
http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/en/latest/installguide/hypervisor/vsphere.html#id5

However, this has been fixed in CloudStack 4.6.0.

https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/commit/5e41a830a5eded33afc6bdc2be4572e2fd2a1f2a
http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-release-notes/en/4.6.0/fixed_issues.html

RE: Can DvSwitch be used for management and storage networks for CloudStack 4.14?

Posted by "Corey, Mike" <mi...@sap.com.INVALID>.
Yes - I have them in my VMware / ACS landscape.

The Traffic Label needs to be in this format:
<vds switch name>,<vlan#>,vmwaredvs

Example:
dvs01,101,vmwaredvs

Posted by Alex Mattioli <Al...@shapeblue.com>.