Posted to dev@apex.apache.org by Chris Nauroth <cn...@hortonworks.com> on 2016/02/01 18:55:18 UTC

checking a release for binary files

Something like this might be helpful to automate verification that a release contains no binary files:

find . -type f -exec file {} \; | grep -v text | grep -v empty

BTW, I really like that you've started documenting the steps for verifying a release.  On a lot of projects, release verification is something that lacks formal documentation and falls to some combination of the generic Apache documentation + tribal knowledge.

--Chris Nauroth

Re: checking a release for binary files

Posted by Thomas Weise <th...@datatorrent.com>.
Chris, thanks for the feedback. We will incorporate this into the
verification steps.

When looking at the RC1 issue I noticed that the rat plugin does not an
option to fail a build when encountering archives. It just reports them in
target/rat.txt

That's rather odd given the strong recommendation not to add archives to
the source repository. Would be a good thing to have for CI.