Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Arnaud Simon <as...@redhat.com> on 2007/05/21 09:10:44 UTC

[java] JDBC Store

Hi,

I have just added a patch that provides a generic JDBC store. I have
tested this implementation against Apache Derby. We need to pull the
derby jar out of the Apache repository though. Can somebody update maven
for doing that?
This implementation should work with Oracle even if I haven't tested it.
Note that we may need to slightly change the code for supporting Oracle
(The Blob handling may be slightly different). However it should now be
very simple to support any JDBC compatible database.
It may be useful to add some documentation on how to use the JDBC store,
what are the tables (we may want to provide a little management tool)
etc. Where is the best location for adding such a doc?

Cheers

Arnaud

Re: [java] JDBC Store

Posted by Martin Ritchie <ri...@apache.org>.
On 21/05/07, Arnaud Simon <as...@redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have just added a patch that provides a generic JDBC store. I have
> tested this implementation against Apache Derby. We need to pull the
> derby jar out of the Apache repository though. Can somebody update maven
> for doing that?
> This implementation should work with Oracle even if I haven't tested it.
> Note that we may need to slightly change the code for supporting Oracle
> (The Blob handling may be slightly different). However it should now be
> very simple to support any JDBC compatible database.
> It may be useful to add some documentation on how to use the JDBC store,
> what are the tables (we may want to provide a little management tool)
> etc. Where is the best location for adding such a doc?
>
> Cheers
>
> Arnaud

I'd say all docs should go on the wiki.

--