Posted to dev@logging.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2021/12/15 12:30:11 UTC

URGENT: download page has wrong links for 2.3

The links for the previous release (2.3) actually point to 2.12.1

They should ideally use sha256 or sha512 and not md5

Sebb

Re: URGENT: download page has wrong links for 2.3

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, 15 Dec 2021 at 16:39, Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com> wrote:

> We build a new instance of our web site for every log4j release. They are all there at https://logging.apache.org/log4j/log4j-2.xx/index.html where xx is the rest of the release number.
>
> It takes about an hour to build the web site using the maven site plugin. Since nothing was really changing we decided to reuse the 2.12.1 release site and update it with 2.12.2.

I realise that rebuilding everything is a pain, but it looks bad to
have broken links on a download page that has been sent to the general
announce list.

Especially when it relates to a security fix.

However it should not be necessary to rebuild everything just to fix a
single page; it can be updated directly in the relevant site repo
which should take a few minutes.

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.