Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by John Woolsey <jw...@Activation.net> on 2005/11/28 18:48:54 UTC

Java Pop3 Proxy

Based on the feedback I recieved from this I am going to make a project based on this. So you if you have use for a program that prefilters pop3 mail through spam assassin send me an email. I am looking for Beta testers. Send me private email if you are interested.

This of course asks the question how does one do easy system wide training of SA. The solution I am leaning towards is creating an email address monty@activation.net. That will use fetchmail and mark anything it recieves as SPAM. Now if I want to mark a message as spam I just send it to monty@activation.net and bingo it gets marked as spam. Now the fun part comes. I post the email on a web site hidden somewhere and may spam filter autotrains on all of the spam it gets. Which begs the question what is the simplest way to get an email on as many spam lists as possible? Might as well make the spammers do the work for me.

                                              - bfn - JAW