Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Edwards, Peter" <Pe...@astrazeneca.com> on 2001/07/04 10:14:07 UTC

RE: conflict between jaxp.jar, parser.jar (tomcat lib) and xal an.jar, xerces.jar?

Markus

Are you suggesting that the jars are loaded in alphabetical order? I would
have said you should either move parser.jar to the end of the class path or
remove it entirely since xerces.jar contains the necessary jaxp interfaces.
Tomcat 3.2 does not access the parser directly but through jaxp so you can
safely remove parser.jar and jaxp.jar and use only xerces.jar.

Pete

Posted by pete <pe...@claudia.dyn.dhs.org>.
The jars in the $TOMCAT_HOME/lib/ folder are loaded in alphabetical
order. My personal preference is to name xerces.jar 0xerces.jar, though
this achieves exactly the same result.

-Pete

Posted by Markus Strickler <Ma...@raytion.com>.
Pete-
AFAK the Startscripts for tomcat construct their own classpath from the lib directory during startup. This is done in alphabetical order, on most platforms. So renaming parser.jar is a quick and dirty way to move it to the end of the Tomcat classpath.
See http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/install.html#tomcat for details.

Posted by Antony Bowesman <ad...@teamware.com>.
JAXP shipped with tc3 is 1.0.  If this jar gets on the classpath before
xerces then it won't work.  Either removing jaxp or updating it to 1.1
will solve the problem.

Antony