Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Michael McGrady <mi...@michaelmcgrady.com> on 2004/01/29 03:23:53 UTC

DYSLOGIC: bytes != hold.getBytes(), where hold = new String(bytes)? Why?

Well, Comrades, this is a new one on me.  How can:

	bytes != hold.getBytes() be true, where
	(We have a byte array called "bytes".)
	String hold = new String(bytes);

I am trying to do some passing of encrypted byte arrays as Strings in
Struts and found out that this can be true.  I never would have
guessed.  Aren't Strings capable of handling anything in a byte array?  Why
wouldn't they cough it back up?  I am amazed.  Perplexed.  Stressed.  Any
help would be appreciated.

Michael McGrad

Re: DYSLOGIC: bytes != hold.getBytes(), where hold = new String(bytes)? Why?

Posted by Michael McGrady <mi...@michaelmcgrady.com>.
  NEVER MIND!  Scheezsch, I can be dumb some days!