Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Wayne <wc...@verizon.net> on 2014/10/30 02:31:35 UTC

Email documents

I am unable to email any open office documents. I get the following message all the time “Open Office was unable to find a working e-mail configuration. Please save this document locally and attach it from within your email client”. What do I have to do?

Re: Email documents

Posted by Alexandro Colorado <jz...@oooes.org>.
Have you set up your email client in OpenOffice, here:
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Administration_Guide/Accessing_Email_Clients

--
Alexandro Colorado
Apache OpenOffice Contributor

Re: Email documents

Posted by Brian Barker <b....@btinternet.com>.
At 12:06 30/10/2014 -0400, Doug McGarrett wrote:
>Do you have an envelope and a stamp?

Sorry to tread on your joke, but what you may not realise is that
e-mail messages *do* have envelopes. Oh, and they have datestamps: do
they count?

Brian Barker

Re: Email documents

Posted by Doug <dm...@optonline.net>.
On 10/30/2014 06:47 AM, Regina Henschel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Wayne schrieb:
>> I am unable to email any open office documents. I get the following
>> message all the time “Open Office was unable to find a working e-mail
>> configuration. Please save this document locally and attach it from
>> within your email client”. What do I have to do?

/snip/

Do you have an envelope and a stamp?

Happy Halloween!

Re: Email documents

Posted by Regina Henschel <rb...@t-online.de>.
Hi,

Wayne schrieb:
> I am unable to email any open office documents. I get the following
> message all the time “Open Office was unable to find a working e-mail
> configuration. Please save this document locally and attach it from
> within your email client”. What do I have to do?

This feature depends on operating system and email program. So please
tell us, which operating system do you use and what application do you
use, when you write a new email.

Does your email program has an options to save an email as file, for
example as "email document" with filename extension ".eml"? Can you
launch a program by clicking on a document? [For example, click or
double-click on readme.txt will open an editor.] If yes, try it with an
email-file. What happens then?

When you write an email address followed by a space in a text document
(in Writer), it will convert to a link, if you do not have changed the
defaults. When you Ctrl-click it, what happens?

Kind regards
Regina