Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@openoffice.org> on 2011/12/04 18:17:30 UTC

Re: How to provide Linguistic Tools replacements after the removal of GPL'd modules

On 30/11/2011 Gianluca Turconi wrote:
> Rob Weir<ro...@apache.org>  ha scritto:
>> That is worth a try.  Someone would need to enter a JIRA issue for
>> this ... If we do that, we'll have an answer within a week or two.
> Andrea Pescetti could have already done it. He should give more
> details here.

After coordinating with Gianluca about some details, I've just opened
the issue at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LEGAL-117

Since we've already discussed this issue in detail on this list, the
picture should now be clear enough; anyway, feel free to integrate the
JIRA issue if I missed anything relevant, because obtaining a green
light would really make life easier both for developers and for
native-language communities.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: How to provide Linguistic Tools replacements after the removal of GPL'd modules

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
On 12/01/2012 Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> On 10/12/2011 Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>> On 04/12/2011 Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>>> After coordinating with Gianluca about some details, I've just opened
>>> the issue at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LEGAL-117
>> As you can see at the link above, we won't get an answer before the end
>> of 2011. This is reasonable, the issue is complex
> And, always at the link above, you can now see that it seems there's
> enough consensus for approving the bundle of GPL dictionaries

And this is finally approved! Let me thank Gianluca Turconi for his
assistance with legal details.

Since all mechanisms to easily bundle dictionaries are in place, I'm
hopeful that we can try and include the Italian dictionaries from
http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/node/1204
in some of the next builds; we are of course ready to test them.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: How to provide Linguistic Tools replacements after the removal of GPL'd modules

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
On 10/12/2011 Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> On 04/12/2011 Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>> After coordinating with Gianluca about some details, I've just opened
>> the issue at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LEGAL-117
> As you can see at the link above, we won't get an answer before the end
> of 2011. This is reasonable, the issue is complex

And, always at the link above, you can now see that it seems there's
enough consensus for approving the bundle of GPL dictionaries; unless
some last-minute objections extend the discussions, the final approval
will happen next week.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: How to provide Linguistic Tools replacements after the removal of GPL'd modules

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@openoffice.org>.
On 04/12/2011 Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> After coordinating with Gianluca about some details, I've just opened
> the issue at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LEGAL-117

As you can see at the link above, we won't get an answer before the end
of 2011. This is reasonable, the issue is complex and in other occasions
(with Sun) the discussions lasted several months.

Regards,
   Andrea.