Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Adrian Gonzalez <ad...@yahoo.fr> on 2009/06/12 16:55:13 UTC

Re : Convert List to Map

Thanks

Your sample works fine for my use case (that's exactly what I'm doing in my code), but I was wondering about such utility thing just after looking at :
http://commons.apache.org/collections/api-release/org/apache/commons/collections/map/TransformedMap.html#decorate(java.util.Map,%20org.apache.commons.collections.Transformer,%20org.apache.commons.collections.Transformer)
which is a map-to-map conversions.

Since commons-collection provides map-to-map conversion, why does'nt it provide list-to-map conversion with the same logic ?

________________________________
De : Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>
À : Commons Users List <us...@commons.apache.org>
Envoyé le : Jeudi, 11 Juin 2009, 23h12mn 10s
Objet : Re: Convert List to Map

How is this easier than this:

Map m = new HashMap();
for (SpecificObject x : list) {
    m.put(s.getId(), s.getDescription());
}

?

Why make this soo much harder than it needs to be?

--
Ted Dunning, CTO
DeepDyve

111 West Evelyn Ave. Ste. 202
Sunnyvale, CA 94086
http://www.deepdyve.com
858-414-0013 (m)
408-773-0220 (fax)

Re: Re : Re : Convert List to Map

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
I don't think so, but you're free to copy it if you wish.  There's
really not much code there.

Re : Re : Convert List to Map

De : James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>
À : Commons Users List <us...@commons.apache.org>
Envoyé le : Vendredi, 12 Juin 2009, 17h27mn 03s
Objet : Re: Re : Convert List to Map

Re: Re : Convert List to Map

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.