Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by evelina dumitrescu <ev...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/21 05:01:18 UTC

Noob question about Hadoop job that writes output to HBase

Hi,

I am new to Hadoop and Hbase.
I was trying to make a small proof-of-concept Hadoop map reduce job that
reads the data from HDFS and stores the output in Hbase.
I did the setup as presented in this tutorial [1].
Here is the pseudocode from the map reduce code [2].
The problem is that I am unable to contact Hbase from the Hadoop job and
the job gets stuck.
Here are the logs from syslog [3], stderr [4] and console [5].
How should I correctly setup HbaseConfiguration ?
I couldn't find any example online that worked and it's hard for a beginner
to debug the issue.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Evelina

[1]
http://www.bogotobogo.com/Hadoop/BigData_hadoop_HBase_Pseudo_Distributed.php
[2]
https://pastebin.com/hUDAMMes
[3]
https://pastebin.com/XxmWAUTf
[4]
https://pastebin.com/fYUYw4Cv
[5]
https://pastebin.com/YJ1hERDe

Re: Noob question about Hadoop job that writes output to HBase

Posted by Sidharth Kumar <si...@gmail.com>.
I guess even aggregated log will have error which can be collected by using

yarn logs -applicationId <application Id> > <application Id>.log

Sidharth
Mob: +91 8197555599
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/sidharthkumar2792

Posted by Ravi Prakash <ra...@gmail.com>.