Posted to ivy-dev@incubator.apache.org by Jason Trump <Ja...@mantis-tgi.com> on 2007/11/26 21:28:46 UTC

support for publish events?

Hi everybody,

Background:  in my company's build system, I want to add support for updating jar manifest attributes from Ivy module information.  For example, "Implementation-Version" could be set from module revision number, "Implementation-Vendor" from the module organisation, and so on.

It seems like a 'pre-publish-artifact' trigger would be a very simple way to do that (and eliminate a lot of redundant Ant code).  Are there plans to support 'pre-publish' and 'post-publish' events?  I didn't find mention in the JIRA or list archives.

If there aren't already plans in progress, and this sounds like a good idea, I'd be happy to try it myself and post the code as a patch somewhere, maybe on the JIRA.  What do you think?
-jason

Jason Trump
Software Development
Mantis Technology Group (MTGI)
http://www.mantis-tgi.com <http://www.mantis-tgi.com/>
email jason.trump@mantis-tgi.com
425-250-0432 (desk)
425-250-0401 (fax)

________________________________

Posted by Jason Trump <Ja...@mantis-tgi.com>.
thanks.  the new issue is https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVY-650, I'll be sure to test and document anything I post there.
-jason

________________________________

> Background:  in my company's build system, I want to add support for
> updating jar manifest attributes from Ivy module information.  For example,
> "Implementation-Version" could be set from module revision number,
> "Implementation-Vendor" from the module organisation, and so on.
>
> It seems like a 'pre-publish-artifact' trigger would be a very simple way
> to do that (and eliminate a lot of redundant Ant code).  Are there plans to
> support 'pre-publish' and 'post-publish' events?  I didn't find mention in
> the JIRA or list archives.
>
> If there aren't already plans in progress, and this sounds like a good
> idea, I'd be happy to try it myself and post the code as a patch somewhere,
> maybe on the JIRA.  What do you think?

I do't think there's any such plan in progress, so go ahead, it shouldn't be
too hard to add these events. Open a JIRA issue and attach a patch as soon
as you have it working fine. Don't forget to include the documentation
update in your patch too, and some unit tests would be helpful too.

Xavier

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/