Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by rehman kahloon <mr...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2017/07/18 07:08:08 UTC

Need guidance for distributing data base on date interval in a collection

Hello Sir/Madam                    I am new to SolrCloud, Having ORACLE technologies experience.
Now a days , i am comparing oracle and solrcloud using bigdata.
So i want to know how can i create time interval sharding.
e.g i have 10 machines, each machine for one shard and one date data, So how can i fix next day data go to next shard and so on?

search too much but not found any command/way, that handle it from some core/shard file.
So i request you please guide me.
thanks in advanced.
Kind Regards,Muhammad Rehman Kahloonmrehman_kahloon@yahoo.com

Re: Need guidance for distributing data base on date interval in a collection

Posted by Charlie Hull <ch...@flax.co.uk>.
Hi,

You should also consider how you should shard for best performance: for
example, if most of your queries are for recent documents, you could end up
with them all hitting only one shard. Here's an old blog we wrote on this
subject (it mentions another open source engine, Xapian, but ignore that as
the same principles apply to Solr).

HTH

Charlie

Posted by Modassar Ather <mo...@gmail.com>.