Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Dave Been <be...@us.ibm.com> on 2005/06/18 20:01:07 UTC

$l10n Not getting substituted from bundle property files.

Since I installed Jetspeed 1.6, The Tommy page, etc have lots and lots of
$l10n.USERFORM_USERNAMEMSG , etc.
So obviously my resource bundles are not being found.

In Tutorial 2 we added a Bottom msg, but following all the instructions,
e.g. adding the msg to
src/java/org/apache/jetspeed/tutorial/modules/localization/JportalLocalization_en.properties
e.g.
TOP_TITLE=Welcome to JPortal, the Jetspeed English Tutorial

BOTTOM_SUPPORT_MSG=Free English Support

used as:
     #if ($config.getString("mail.support"))
            $l10n.CONTACT_US $l10n.BOTTOM_SUPPORT_MSG</a>
     #end

it doesn't find the msg and comes up

        $l10n.CONTACT_US  $l10n.BOTTOM_SUPPORT_MSG

note the CONTACT_US is an example of no substituation of localized text on
all my pages.

under my Tomcat (5.0.28) webapps/jportal i find:
./WEB-INF/classes/org/apache/jetspeed/modules/localization/JetspeedLocalization_en.properties
./WEB-INF/classes/org/apache/jetspeed/tutorial/modules/localization/JportalLocalization_en.properties

the first file contains all the messages that are "not found"
(substituted) in my "Home" page
the second has my 2 entries above (TOP/BOTTOM), so it is built and
deployed correctly.
tomcat gets restarted each time.

I appear to be having a fundamental l10n issue.
Anyone know what I should check ?
Thanks much !!

Dave