Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by sebgoa <ru...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/02 14:27:05 UTC

[XEN] XCP 1.6 beta Test Day Announcement

All, see below a message about XCP 1.6 Beta Test days.

The Xen community is looking for ~5 CloudStack users/developers to help test XCP 1.6. See instructions below.

-Sebastien

Begin forwarded message:

Re: [XEN] XCP 1.6 beta Test Day Announcement

Posted by Outback Dingo <ou...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 3:39 PM, Nik Martin <ni...@nfinausa.com> wrote:
> On 10/02/2012 01:10 PM, Edison Su wrote:
>>
>> I think they haven't put xcp 1.6 into ubuntu repo yet:
>> https://launchpad.net/xcp/xcp-1.6
>>
> I stand corrected, I was not ware it was being packaged into Ubuntu, I
> thought it was only delivered as a standalone OS.

Yeah you can install the required packages now on Debian/Ubuntu and
get a psuedo XCP :)

Posted by Nik Martin <ni...@nfinausa.com>.
On 10/02/2012 01:10 PM, Edison Su wrote:
> I think they haven't put xcp 1.6 into ubuntu repo yet: https://launchpad.net/xcp/xcp-1.6

I stand corrected, I was not ware it was being packaged into Ubuntu, I
thought it was only delivered as a standalone OS.

Nik

Nik Martin
VP Business Development
Nfina Technologies, Inc.
+1.251.243.0043 x1003
Relentless Reliability

RE: [XEN] XCP 1.6 beta Test Day Announcement

Posted by Edison Su <Ed...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Nik Martin <ni...@nfinausa.com>.
On 10/02/2012 12:10 PM, Edison Su wrote:
> Can XCP 1.6 beta be installed on Ubuntu 12.04? If so, we can test it in devcloud.

XCP is a full OS, not an application, so it runs on bare metal.

Nik

Nik Martin
VP Business Development
Nfina Technologies, Inc.
+1.251.243.0043 x1003
Relentless Reliability

RE: [XEN] XCP 1.6 beta Test Day Announcement

Posted by Edison Su <Ed...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Edison Su <Ed...@citrix.com>.