Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by som ghos <so...@gmail.com> on 2018/08/31 15:17:42 UTC

Need Help in HBase Model

Hi Team,

Need help below data modelling  in HBase.

We have nested structure trying to model in HBASE.

The problem I am facing is HBase support one level nested entity and my
data has multiple inner level nested entity. Need guidance how to model in
HBASE

We have below data in hive table and storage format is parquet. Need to
model to hbase for query performance improvment

Below is the sample data

***********************

PIN BigInteger

TrendedData
Trended: <Array<Struct<colname:value,colname:value>,email
address:array<struct<colname:value,colname:value>,camp:array<struct<colname:value,colname:value>>>>

Thanks and Regards,
Somnath

Thanks and Regards,
Somnath

Re: Need Help in HBase Model

Posted by Robert Yokota <ra...@gmail.com>.
The answer depends on your queries, but you can try "key-flattening" as
described under the DOCUMENT section here:

https://blogs.apache.org/hbase/entry/hbase-application-archetypes-redux
https://blogs.apache.org/hbase/entry/hbase-application-archetypes-redux2-part

Other archetypes such as ENTITY may also be applicable.  You may also want
to look at Apache Phoenix.