Posted to dev@manifoldcf.apache.org by Farzad Valad <ho...@farzad.net> on 2011/06/01 21:07:47 UTC

handles, threads, and workers

The way I have manifoldcf configured is utilizing much more resource
than Eclipse can bare and consequently either Eclipse locks or crashes.
I want to reduce the resource load and my thought is to limit the
following properties to 10:

database.maxhandles
crawler.threads
crawler.expirethreads
crawler.cleanupthreads
crawler.deletethreads

Also in the UI, set the max JVM conn to 5 for output and repo
connectors.   I know there is a mathematical relationship between some
of these properties, meaning some have to be in the limit of the others,
but don't see it very clearly.

Thanks,
Farzad.

Re: handles, threads, and workers

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
There is a formula on the how-to-build-and-deploy.html page.  You can
lower the number of threads without issue but you must have enough
database handles so you don't starve the threads of handles.  Each
thread can use a handle at a time.

Karl