Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <de...@acm.org> on 2015/09/04 00:14:33 UTC

FW: [DISCUSSION] ODF Plugfest, September 2015

More information about the Plugfest for some who might not have noticed earlier.

I have edited this lightly to reflect the current status in my case.

- Dennis

Posted by Louis Suárez-Potts <lu...@gmail.com>.
> On 04 Sep 15, at 16:05, Roberto Galoppini <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Comments inline; Roberto, feel free…
>>

> Actually I didn't go since the Orvieto Plugfest, that is almost 10 years
> ago. Anyway, I believe we missed the opportunity to come up with something
> valuable and interesting for the agenda, unless someone has a different
> idea. If I would have gone I would have joined the technical sessions, but
> again our understanding of how AOO is or is not compliant with the finally
> approved ODF 1.2 is little at best.

Interesting; I had the impression you’d gone to the most recent. Then, it would seem the case Rob and I have gone to more, as I’ve attended most of them, though not since 2012 Brussels.

> To all this we should add the concerns and questions rightfully raised by
> Dennis, here and on the other thread.

Y.

> I would favor us to get a hold of where are we in respect of such a
> standard, and plan to join the next Plugfest.

I would go further and suggest we shape the content of our future. Not spectate.

> My two cents.

I raise you a loony. (Loony: the Canadian dollar but probably less than that, given the plunging value of "money"; also a bird and useful adjective indicating craziness.)

Posted by Roberto Galoppini <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Louis Suárez-Potts <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
On 04/09/2015 Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
>   3. I don't understand what English flyer from the OpenDocs Society is being spoken of.

There were three bullet items in my mail.

If this wasn't clear, items 2. and 3. referred to the flyer. I called it
a "leaflet" but that was it. See
http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@openoffice.apache.org/msg24775.html

I see the other thread has now done more progress, so I recommend that
we simply keep discussing on that one.

Regards,
   Andrea.

RE: [DISCUSSION] ODF Plugfest, September 2015

Posted by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <or...@apache.org>.
It is not clear to me what is being discussed here.  Can we separate out the parts, please?

 1. There is discussion of sending someone to participate in the ODF Plugfest to be held on 2015-09/15-16, 11 days from now.  That includes a request for travel funding.

 2. It is not clear to me exactly what that participation would be.  Is it only to participate in status and not testing?  If it is status, it appears that any status presentation is likely part of an agenda item to be led by Gijs Hillenius of OSOR.  See <http://plugtest.opendocsociety.org/doku.php?id=plugfests:201509_thehague:info>.  The topic is "ODF in the market place."  That is an interesting topic if it remains the focus.  I'm not certain what we know about in that respect.  I definitely think it would be useful to have concrete information about that specific topic with respect to Apache OpenOffice.  If we figured it out, we could offer a slide or two without having to be there.  Would that suffice?

Posted by Louis Suárez-Potts <lu...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Re: FW: [DISCUSSION] ODF Plugfest, September 2015

Posted by Roberto Galoppini <ro...@gmail.com>.