Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by John <ve...@gmx.net> on 2012/03/16 08:31:15 UTC

Servicemix & JBI

I'm new to Servicemix and ESB. I read some stuff, especially at Mule there
are always the hint that Servicemix is a JBI implenetation. And JBI means
that ALL messages first are converted in XML and after that the further
processing is done.
Converting all message to XML may be a performance impact.
Is this still true for (the OSGi based) Servicemix 4?

Re: Servicemix & JBI

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi John,

It's not exact.

ServiceMix is NOT a JBI implementation.

Starting from ServiceMix 4.4.0, JBI is provided as optional feature.

ServiceMix is based on the Karaf OSGi container and ships Camel, CXF,
ActiveMQ. So you don't have to use JBI, you can use directly Camel which
supports streaming, different message type, etc.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré