Posted to dev@shiro.apache.org by Kevin Sweeney <ke...@apache.org> on 2015/03/11 00:38:14 UTC

[DISCUSS] Remove or upgrade guava dependency?

Greetings,

Apache Aurora (Incubating) is looking to adopt shiro-guice, but we found
that since we have a dependency on Guava we needed to exclude the (ancient)
version shiro-guice would pull in transitively. As it looks like Shiro's
use of Guava is limited to shiro-guice, I'd like to propose removing
shiro-guice's Guava dependency entirely. To that effect I've attached a
patch to the ticket [1]. Please let me know if there's a more established
review process I should follow.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SHIRO-496

Fwd: [DISCUSS] Remove or upgrade guava dependency?