Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Thomas <Th...@t-online.de> on 2013/06/10 14:40:43 UTC

placement of derby.log

Hi,

is there any way to tell Derby where to store the derby.log file?
(note: I am not referring to the database log file here, but to the file
into which protocoll messages are logged).

If not, what is the logic used to determine where this is stored?

Thanks

Re: placement of derby.log

Posted by Thomas <Th...@t-online.de>.
Thomas <Th...@...> writes:

> Hi,
>
> is there any way to tell Derby where to store the derby.log file?
> (note: I am not referring to the database log file here, but to the file
> into which protocoll messages are logged).
>
> If not, what is the logic used to determine where this is stored?
>
> Thanks

to add: I am talking about an embedded driver use case here and this is
what is stored in the log file:
Mon Jun 10 13:24:02 GMT+01:00 2013:
Booting Derby version The Apache Software Foundation - Apache Derby -
10.9.1.0 - (1344872): instance a816c00e-013f-2e0b-058a-000002303778
on database directory H:\PMT20130608
\configuration\net.thmb.pmt\data\PMTedb  with class loader
org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader@aae86e
Loaded from
file:/H:/PMT20130608/configuration/org.eclipse.osgi/bundles/11/1/.cp/derby.
jar
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
java.runtime.version=1.6.0_18-b07
user.dir=H:\PMT20130608
derby.system.home=null
Database Class Loader started - derby.database.classpath=''

Re: placement of derby.log

Posted by Jean-Yves Linet <jy...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
I guess you are looking for :