Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Korbinian Bachl <ko...@whiskyworld.de> on 2020/04/03 18:24:37 UTC

best way to get wysiwyg with wicket

Hi,

I need to be able to let complete novices edit and write nicely formatted texts in an backend thats powered by wicket (required e.g.: H1-H4, normal text, bold text, images - only simple stuff mostly).
In the past I used the ckeditor but that outputs html and Im not sure that cluttering font sizes and stuff like that into anything that needs later be to transformed to be used on either desktop or mobile in the year 2020 is still as sufficent as it was 10 years ago. So I stumbled over markdown that might be a way to avoid this, but not sure If I missed somthing better?

Beside, has any of you an idea where to look at to put this together with wicket, especially as I need to be able to have them insert images from some gallery picker that gets its image-resources from some kind of dataprovider.

Any idea or solution is greatly appreciated. I know this is not pure wicket related stuff but I hope its still ok to ask here.

Best,

KB

Re: best way to get wysiwyg with wicket

Posted by Martin Spielmann <ma...@martinspielmann.de>.
Hi,

if your app uses Bootstrap and you are OK to stay with HTML, you can
have at the SummernoteEditor from the excellent wicket-bootstrap-
extenstions library. Example here:
https://github.com/l0rdn1kk0n/wicket-bootstrap/blob/bc567ae0f77497216720f909e1b2e55a929e25cd/bootstrap-samples/src/main/java/de/agilecoders/wicket/samples/pages/SummernotePage.java
We use it all the time and it's simple yet powerful.
I don't think the image feature is supported out-of-the-box, but I
imagine it should not be too hard to add.

Apart from that, the idea to go with markdown sounds also promising.
Best regards,
Martin

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Jquery-ui WYSIWYG editor do clean-up of html on server

Custom js before submit is possible (the simpliest way is to store result
of such function in hidden field onchange)

Posted by Korbinian Bachl <ko...@whiskyworld.de>.
Hello Maxim,

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Here are couple examples

On Sat, 4 Apr 2020 at 01:24, Korbinian Bachl <ko...@whiskyworld.de>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I need to be able to let complete novices edit and write nicely formatted
> texts in an backend thats powered by wicket (required e.g.: H1-H4, normal
> text, bold text, images - only simple stuff mostly).
> In the past I used the ckeditor but that outputs html and Im not sure that
> cluttering font sizes and stuff like that into anything that needs later be
> to transformed to be used on either desktop or mobile in the year 2020 is
> still as sufficent as it was 10 years ago. So I stumbled over markdown that
> might be a way to avoid this, but not sure If I missed somthing better?
>
> Beside, has any of you an idea where to look at to put this together with
> wicket, especially as I need to be able to have them insert images from
> some gallery picker that gets its image-resources from some kind of
> dataprovider.
>
> Any idea or solution is greatly appreciated. I know this is not pure
> wicket related stuff but I hope its still ok to ask here.
>
> Best,
>
> KB

Best regards,
Maxim