Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Rick Strong <ri...@med.nyu.edu> on 2006/07/21 16:36:30 UTC

Re: derby-user Digest 21 Jul 2006 12:08:55 -0000 Issue 353

Nope - the location is relative to the program's install directory, and it's a simple embedded mode connection. The connect string looks like this: "jdbc:derby:databaseDir/databaseName;create=true" - creates a db if it doesn't already exist. Then I set autocommit to false, create 3 tables, do a commit(), reset autocommit to true, and leave.

Rick