Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Guanghao Zhang <zg...@gmail.com> on 2017/06/01 03:48:27 UTC

Re: [VOTE] First release candidate for HBase 1.2.6 is available

hbase-1.2.6-bin.tar.gz
- Verified md5sum: ok
- Start HBase in standalone mode: ok
- Verified with shell, create/disable/enable/drop/get/put/scan/delete: ok
- Checked master/regionserver/table Web UI and found a problem: Table UI,
split/compact not work with a given key. It was fixed by HBASE-3462. But
the fix was only merged to master branch. I thought this is a bug fix so it
should be merged to branch-1.2, too?

Exception:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid region: 50
at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HBaseAdmin.splitRegion(HBaseAdmin.java:2668)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HBaseAdmin.splitRegion(HBaseAdmin.java:2605)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.generated.master.table_jsp._jspService(table_jsp.java:127)

Thanks.

Posted by Sean Busbey <se...@gmail.com>.
The text of HBASE-3462 suggests that the UI shipped in branch-1 works
by taking a region name rather than part of a row. The exception you
got also points to expecting a region name.

I think for branch-1 releases, a JIRA to update the text to match
what's actually expected is a good idea. The behavior has been present
for so long that it seems unwise to change it in a non-major release.

--
Sean