Posted to dev@hudi.apache.org by lamberken <la...@163.com> on 2019/11/25 17:56:50 UTC

[Discuss] Migrate from log4j to slf4j

Hi, everyone

Currently, there are three kinds of java logging framework in hudi's project (java.util.logging.Logger、org.apache.log4j.Logger、org.slf4j.Logger).

The org.apache.log4j.Logger doesn't support placeholders, so it‘s hard for us to format the message like
| logger.info(String.format("The job needs to copy %d partitions.", partitions.size())); |

So, I suggest migrate from log4j to slf4j, what dou you think?

Best,
lamberken

Re:Re: [Discuss] Migrate from log4j to slf4j

Posted by lamberken <la...@163.com>.
Thanks,

I don't know there is a JIRA for this already(HUDI-233). We can talk about it under that issue.

Best,
lamberken

Posted by Vinoth Chandar <vi...@apache.org>.
Hi,