Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by Tom Judge <ju...@learnubuntu.org> on 2012/08/27 17:56:48 UTC

mysql databases

Here is a silly series of questions.

I was getting ready to setup a script / php interface from my website
learnubuntu.org to the openmeetings server so that someone who was
already registered on my site could use a one-click button to setup an
account on the openmeetings server.

I noticed, for the first time that I seem to have two openmeetings mysql
db. one is simply openmeetings and the other is openmneetings_win. This
is on a Ubuntu 10.04 system

so is one of  these db bogus?

if so which one ? (the openmeetings_win?) or arte they both being used
by openmeetings.

I wanted to populate the users table externally so people that are
already registered  on my learnubuntu.org website could one-click an
account oin the open meeting server.

Or is this is a bad idea or I need to populate more than the users table
please advise

--

Ubuntu-Head
Tom Judge Ubuntu Head

Look for us on the web:

        http://learnubuntu.org
        http://youtube.com/learnubuntunow
        http://twitter.com/#!/learnubuntu
        http://facebook.com/tvjudge
	Skype user learnubuntu@skype.com

Re: mysql databases

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.
Hallo Tom,

you should use the SOAP/REST API to populate users.
Best would be if you generate a hash for every new user that enters the
conference room.
Example script might be:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/openmeetings/trunk/plugins/facebook_connect/test.php

Just replace the needed variables for the user with your own ones.

You should not manipulate any of the database of OpenMeetings manually.
Openmeetings uses caches, if you manipulate the db from external the DB
cache is not in sync anymore which can lead to arbitrary situations and
issues.

Sebastian

2012/8/27 Tom Judge <ju...@learnubuntu.org>

> **
> Here is a silly series of questions.
>
> I was getting ready to setup a script / php interface from my website
> learnubuntu.org to the openmeetings server so that someone who was
> already registered on my site could use a one-click button to setup an
> account on the openmeetings server.
>
> I noticed, for the first time that I seem to have two openmeetings mysql
> db. one is simply openmeetings and the other is openmneetings_win. This is
> on a Ubuntu 10.04 system
>
> so is one of  these db bogus?
>
> if so which one ? (the openmeetings_win?) or arte they both being used by
> openmeetings.
>
> I wanted to populate the users table externally so people that are already
> registered  on my learnubuntu.org website could one-click an account oin
> the open meeting server.
>
> Or is this is a bad idea or I need to populate more than the users table
> please advise
>
>   --
>

> Ubuntu-Head
> Tom Judge Ubuntu Head