Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by mule1 <ua...@yahoo.com> on 2007/11/17 03:11:23 UTC

how to change operation name to another xml element name for xml over http

Hello,

For some of the cxf examples for REST style services, where e.g for a class
Customer with method Customer findCustomer(String name, String company), the
xml looks like following:
<findCustomers>
<name>Dan</name>
<company>Acme Inc</company>
</findCustomers>

If I don't want my xml element to be named after the operation name (i.e I
don't want the element to be called findCustomers), instead if I want it to
be called just "Customers", how can I do that?

I tried adding @XmlElement(name = "Customers") just before my findCustomers
method. Not sure whether this is the correct way or is there another way?

thanks.