Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Harry_ <ha...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/01 10:58:24 UTC

Could not find xml-commons-apis Java extension for this JVM Error on running ant on CentOS

Hi,

I have to run some jmeter scripts on ant. But I am getting the following
error on running the scripts.

/usr/bin/build-classpath: error: Could not find xml-commons-apis Java
extension for this JVM
/usr/bin/build-classpath: error: Some specified jars were not found

If I simply type ant on command line I do get this error, so seems to be
some configuration/installation issue of ant. Can anyone point me why this
error is coming and how to fix it.

And one more thing is that the tests are running fine after this error. But
I am not sure will there be any repercussion of this error. Please point if
there is any.

Thanks and Regards

Re: Could not find xml-commons-apis Java extension for this JVM Error on running ant on CentOS

Posted by Antoine Levy Lambert <an...@gmx.de>.
Hello Harry,

ant is shipping with its own xml-apis.jar. Read the
/usr/bin/build-classpath script - I do not know what this is ? maybe
some company specific java build script ?

Regards,

Antoine

Posted by Snidley <jo...@hotmail.com>.
I had a similar problem running "ant". After burning almost a half a day
trying to figure it out, I finally fixed it.

Install the xml-commons-apis package.

:blush: