Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Pradeep Simha <pr...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/12 23:23:09 UTC

Branding Apache Felix Web Console

I am trying to brand a Apache Felix web console, but I am not able to find
resource for the same. As per Apache Felix website,

"Branding for the Web Console can be provided in two ways: By registering a
BrandingPlugin service or by providing a branding properties files. The Web
Console uses the branding from the BrandingPlugin service registered with
the highest ranking."

But I am not understanding how to register a BrandingPlugin service? What
and Jar files should I put? Is there any guidance or tutorial available for
the same? If yes, can you guide me in this?

Since I am totally getting confused with Apache Felix's website, since
those documents are not clear on this.

With Regards,
Pradeep

Re: Branding Apache Felix Web Console

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@adobe.com>.
Hi

Am 12.05.2013 um 15:23 schrieb Pradeep Simha:

> I am trying to brand a Apache Felix web console, but I am not able to find
> resource for the same. As per Apache Felix website,
>
> "Branding for the Web Console can be provided in two ways: By registering a
> BrandingPlugin service or by providing a branding properties files. The Web
> Console uses the branding from the BrandingPlugin service registered with
> the highest ranking."
>
> But I am not understanding how to register a BrandingPlugin service? What
> and Jar files should I put? Is there any guidance or tutorial available for
> the same? If yes, can you guide me in this?

If you go the service route, you simply register an OSGi service of type org.apache.felix.webconsole.BrandingPlugin and the web console will use that for branding. The problem with this mechanism is to provide the branding resources.

The Sling project goes the other route of providing a properties file. The Web Console Branding bundle [1] attaches as a fragment to the Web Console bundle and thus exposes both the properties file and the resources as part of the Web Console bundle itself.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Felix

[1] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/sling/trunk/bundles/extensions/webconsolebranding