Posted to dev@aries.apache.org by Johannes Utzig <ju...@gmail.com> on 2017/11/21 07:18:25 UTC

Re: Protobuf support in Aries RSA

Hi,

The protobuf part of fastbin should work and there is test cases for it.
It has a few functional limitations compared to the serializing code paths:

1. Async calls aren't supported the same way
2. Streams aren't supported
3. The error handling isn't great
4. Only 0 or 1 parameters allowed

You can find a usage example here:
https://github.com/apache/aries-rsa/blob/master/provider/fastbin/src/test/java/org/apache/aries/rsa/provider/fastbin/InvocationTest.java

Do you have specific ideas on what should be added/changed/improved?
I don't really use protobuf myself, so any help and feedback on the
protobuf parts are welcome.

Best regards,
Johannes