Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Yiping Zhang <yz...@marketo.com> on 2016/09/07 20:50:09 UTC

All Xen hosts except poolmaster stuck in alerting/connecting state

Hi,

In one of our xen clusters, all host except the pool master are stuck in alerting or connecting state.  There are no scary log entries in catalina.out or management-server.log.

I have tried to restart management service already, but it has no effect. What other steps can I take?   I am thinking of restarting xen toolstack on the pool master (already tried on one of slave host, no effect), is this a safe operation to do with tons of VM running on all hosts and the pool master?

Yiping

PS: we are running CS 4.8.0 on RHLE 6.7 and Xen 6.5 with all recommended security patches installed.

Re: All Xen hosts except poolmaster stuck in alerting/connecting state

Posted by Yiping Zhang <yz...@marketo.com>.
After we switched pool master to another host with command “xe pool-designate-new-master host-uuid=xxxx”, the CloudStack mgmt. server eventually connected to all hosts successfully with all hosts in Running state.

So I can only speculate that there is something wrong with the Xen Cluster itself, but I have no direct evidence to support this claim from Xen server logs.  Once the master is switched over, I restarted xen toolstack on the old master node just to be safe.

Yiping

On 9/7/16, 7:15 PM, "Ezequiel Mc Govern" <ez...@gmail.com> wrote:

    We have the same problem,one Pool get in connecting or Alert state.

    The configuration is the same.

Posted by Ezequiel Mc Govern <ez...@gmail.com>.