Posted to dev@royale.apache.org by Idylog - Nicolas Granon <ng...@idylog.com> on 2017/11/07 13:37:52 UTC

Source path in framework SWCs

Is it possible to have the framework's SWCs compiled in such a way that the
"source path" is automatically attached (/projects folder and subfolder) ?
Or maybe it is rather something to specify in a config file (and not when
compiling the SWCs) ?

It would really help to have the "go to definition" feature to work without
having to manually link all those source files (and doing it again at each
new version of the SDK !)

Nicolas Granon

RE: Source path in framework SWCs

Posted by Idylog - Nicolas Granon <ng...@idylog.com>.
We know that VSCode + Josh's extension is a very good setup.

We were just beginning to use it when the whole rename story came up...

That's why we went back to FB (plus we also had some maintenance going on and felt it would be quicker)

But as soon as VSCode allows code-assist + source debugging again, we will be back to it !

Nicolas Granon

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Yishay Weiss <yi...@hotmail.com>.
I think FDT still requires Eclipse 3 where language servers can’t be used, so they would need some major refactoring. I was thinking of a new plugin altogether that would leverage this [1] . But that would be an entire project…

[1] https://developers.redhat.com/blog/2016/11/24/deliver-support-for-new-languages-in-eclipse-ide-faster-with-generic-editor-and-language-servers/

________________________________
Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Yishay,

--

Piotr Zarzycki

RE: Source path in framework SWCs

Posted by Yishay Weiss <yi...@hotmail.com>.

Re: RE: Source path in framework SWCs

Posted by Josh Tynjala <jo...@apache.org>.
The VSCode extension attempts to use the source path from the SWC, if possible. Basically, it checks the path for "/frameworks/projects/", and then, it tries to swap in the local path to the SDK on your computer.

- Josh

Posted by Idylog - Nicolas Granon <ng...@idylog.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com.INVALID>.