Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Aquib Khan <aq...@ukg.com.INVALID> on 2020/11/10 10:16:19 UTC

No Logger information when maximum threads reached. Tomcat 8

Hi,

We have a usecase where we want that our application should indicate when it reaches maximum thread limit. Our application is deployed in tomcat. Maximum thread limit of tomcat is 200,  so If 200 threads are reached, does tomcat provide any logger information?

We tried making multiple rest calls and reducing max threads to 2-3. We faced ConnectionRefused and socketTimeout Exceptions on client side. But no exception or logger in Catalina logs. We changed Logging level as well in logging.properties.

We tried Changing values of maxThreads, minspareThread, acceptCount in server.xml. We used Jmeter for making rest calls.

Can we get any help here? Does tomcat provides any information when it reaches max thread limit? Do we have to change any property in server.xml or in logging.properties

We are using tomcat 8. In previous tomcat versions,  Exception used to get printed when threads reaches limit. But in this version we didn't got any exception.

Attaching server.xml and logging.properties snapshot. Please do reply

Any help in this regard would be highly appreciable.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Aquib

Re: No Logger information when maximum threads reached. Tomcat 8

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
This is the third time you have posted essentially the same query to
this list. Please see the responses to your previous 2 posts.

Mark