Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Benjamin de Dardel <be...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/04 12:56:21 UTC

Fail to insert png image into pdf

Hi all,

As describe in this ticket, I try to transform docbook -> fo -> pdf :
https://sourceforge.net/apps/mantisbt/ant4docbook/view.php?id=5

fo file seems to be good, because I succeed in to execute the command line :
$ fop myfile.fo myfile.pdf

but when I use, fo ant task, I fail to do this : impossible to include
image. I always get an error :
   [fop] déc. 04, 2011 12:26:52 PM
org.apache.fop.events.LoggingEventListener processEvent
       [fop] Grave: Image not available. URI:
img/forum-inscription1.png. Reason:
org.apache.xmlgraphics.image.loader.ImageException: The file format is
not supported. No ImagePreloader found for img/forum-inscription1.png
(See position 6:264)
       [fop] déc. 04, 2011 12:26:52 PM
org.apache.fop.events.LoggingEventListener processEvent
       [fop] Avertissement: Font "Symbol,normal,700" not found.
Substituting with "Symbol,normal,400".
       [fop] déc. 04, 2011 12:26:52 PM
org.apache.fop.events.LoggingEventListener processEvent
       [fop] Avertissement: Font "ZapfDingbats,normal,700" not found.
Substituting with "ZapfDingbats,normal,400".
       [fop] déc. 04, 2011 12:26:52 PM
org.apache.fop.events.LoggingEventListener processEvent
       [fop] Grave: Image not found. URI: img/forum-inscription1.png.
(No context info available)
       [fop] myfile.fo -> myfile.pdf

Do you have any idea about this problem ?
Regard,
Benjamin

Re: Fail to insert png image into pdf

Posted by Benjamin de Dardel <be...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a lot, it works much better with jai.
Benjamin

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.
On 05/12/2011 10:30, Luis Bernardo wrote:

Hi Luis, Benjamin,

> Probably a jar that is missing or not being found in the classpath. If
> you search the archives you will find that this error has been
> discussed in the past. There is no single solution but reading past
> discussions may help you fix the issue.

You are on the right lines. Normally this means jai_imageio.jar is not
available in the Classpath. FOP uses JAI ImageIO Tools for processing a
lot of image formats.

> On Sun, Dec 4, 2011 at 11:56 AM, Benjamin de Dardel
> <be...@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> As describe in this ticket, I try to transform docbook ->  fo ->  pdf :
>> https://sourceforge.net/apps/mantisbt/ant4docbook/view.php?id=5
>>
>> fo file seems to be good, because I succeed in to execute the command line :
>> $ fop myfile.fo myfile.pdf
>>
>> but when I use, fo ant task, I fail to do this : impossible to include
>> image. I always get an error :
>>    [fop] déc. 04, 2011 12:26:52 PM org.apache.fop.events.LoggingEventListener
>> processEvent
>>        [fop] Grave: Image not available. URI: img/forum-inscription1.png.
>> Reason: org.apache.xmlgraphics.image.loader.ImageException: The file format
>> is not supported. No ImagePreloader found for img/forum-inscription1.png
>> (See position 6:264)

Thanks,

Chris

Re: Fail to insert png image into pdf