Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Antoine Lévy-Lambert <an...@antbuild.com> on 2004/03/14 22:51:42 UTC

build of xml-xerces 1 on gump@lsd

Gump is building xml-xerces1 with the CVS tag xerces_j_1
This tag contains the offending source file
org.apache.xerces.utils.regex.RegularExpression

org.apache.xerces.utils.regex.RegularExpression is  in the Attic in CVS
HEAD.

Do we want to change the definition of the project xerces1 to say that
the jar file is frozen ? (which means stopping building, just using a
particular jarfile instead)
If we want to try and build xerces1 every night in the gump run, then we
would need a fix for this problem.
No clue what kind of fix would make sense.

Cheers,

Antoine

Footnotes

[1]
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xml-xerces/java/src/org/apache/xerces/utils/regex/#dirlist
[2] http://lsd.student.utwente.nl/gump/xml-xerces/xml-xerces1.html

Re: build of xml-xerces 1 on gump@lsd

Posted by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>.
> I am pretty sure that we will fix lsd as soon as we can then.

Fingers crossed that we can. We've run up against other compiler problems in
other projects, I believe, so hopefully we can find one that is a good
common denominator of success.

BTW: When we get a dedicated gump machine I'd love to see a JDK 1.3 and JDK
1.4 (and maybe JDK 1.5) workspace/run, so we can help folks ensure they
operate correctly under those compilers.

BTW: Because we are sensitive to compiler version, I made Gumpy log the
explicit version:

    http://gump.try.sybase.com/#Annotations

regards

Adam

Re: build of xml-xerces 1 on gump@lsd

Posted by Antoine Lévy-Lambert <an...@antbuild.com>.
Michael,

thanks for informing us,

Posted by Michael Glavassevich <mr...@ca.ibm.com>.
Hi Antoine,

I understand that this was a compiler bug [1] which was recently fixed in
JDK 1.4.2_04 [2]. Whomever's responsible for the environment on lsd may
want to upgrade the JDK.

[1] http://developer.java.sun.com/developer/bugParade/bugs/4863451.html
[2] http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/ReleaseNotes.html

Antoine Lévy-Lambert <an...@antbuild.com> wrote on 03/14/2004 04:51:42