Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Anil Patel <an...@hotwaxmedia.com> on 2008/02/23 05:32:31 UTC

Entity to hold data for occurrence information for certain kind of Invoices

Hi,
It will be nice to be able to Store data about frequency on certain
invoices (Sales or Purchase). If we know frequency on a Invoice then a
Service can be scheduled that will watch for Invoice events and
automatically create invoice from template. In cases when those
invoice need manual intervention then such events should show up in
upcoming invoice list in a screenlet on main screen of Ar/Ap app.

I need help to model such table. I can see some thing on lines of
ProductMaint table.
templateInvoiceId  	*  	String, VARCHAR(20)
invoiceTypeId 		String, VARCHAR(20)
intervalQuantity 		Double, DOUBLE
intervalUomId 		String, VARCHAR(20)
repeatCount

Regards
Anil Patel

Re: Entity to hold data for occurrence information for certain kind of Invoices

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Could the ShoppingList for recurring automatic orders be used for
this? It would be an order that leads to an invoice instead of just an
invoice, but there is already infrastructure in place including a
service that periodically creates the orders automatically from the
Shopping Lists.

If that doesn't work so well, we should at least use fields that
follow the pattern there, which uses the RecurrenceInfo entity (which
there is code to work with) and such.

-David