Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Jeremy barbeau <je...@yahoo.fr> on 2002/06/10 15:50:28 UTC

Problem of deployment

Hi guys,

I want to use the examples given in the apache soap package 2.0
on my linux. So I set up Xerces 1.4.4 and Tomcat 3.1. I made the
classpath configuration and I finally access to the page where I
can deploy. At the beginning, I tried to deploy with the file
DeploymentDescriptor.xml with the command:
java org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient
http://localhost:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter deploy
DeploymentDescriptor.xml
but each time computer answer me:"Fault segment"

So then I decided to deploy it manually with the Deploy
formular. Logically I did it correctly because I had references.
Then I list, it gives the good urn and display the good stuff on
the table when I click on it. So I tried to do a soap request
which is:
java samples.addressbook.GetAddress
http://localhost:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter "Mary Smith"

Again I got the message "Fault segment". So I decided to see the
content of the messages exchanged between client and server, so
I used the tool TCPTunnel, and the most important part of the
server message gives:
fault string>deployment error in SOAP service
'urn:AddressFetcher':class name'Address' could not be
resolved:Address</faultstring> and the http server error is 500.

So if you have any tips...

Thank you.