Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Michael Flanakin <fl...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/03 03:13:49 UTC

[users@httpd] Proxy to External Site

I'm trying to setup a proxy to an external site and it doesn't seem to
be working. I've got it working on my internal network with the same
settings, but I can't get it to work externally. Here's my setup. Does
anyone see any problems with it? Thanks, in advance!

<VirtualHost  *>
    ServerName external.website.com
    ServerAlias external.website.com
    ErrorLog logs/external-website-com.log

    ProxyRequests Off
    ProxyPreserveHost On
    <Proxy *>
        Order deny,allow
        Allow from all
    </Proxy>
    ProxyPass / http://xx.xx.xx.xx
    ProxyPassReverse / http://xx.xx.xx.xx
</VirtualHost>

Also, I know the IP works to the external site and I've also been able
to use the same exact setup to an internal address without a problem.
Any help is greatly appreciated!

Michael Flanakin