Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Tom Muldoon <to...@firstbest.com> on 2007/01/18 16:10:47 UTC

[Configuration] Does DefaultConfigurationBuilder support reloading strategies?

Using the 20070103 nightly build, I am trying to use the
FileChangedReloadingStrategy in conjunction with the
DefaultConfigurationBuilder but I'm not seeing property changes
reflected. Here's my simple configuration.xml:

<configuration>
  <header>
    <result delimiterParsingDisabled="true">
    </result>
    <combiner>
      <additional>
        <list-nodes>
          <node>table</node>
        </list-nodes>
      </additional>
    </combiner>
  </header>
  <override>
    <xml fileName="test-config1.xml" config-optional="true">
      <reloadingStrategy
config-class="org.apache.commons.configuration.reloading.FileChangedReloadingStrategy"/>
    </xml>
  </override>
  <additional>
  </additional>
</configuration>

The DefaultConfigurationBuilder supports reloading, right?

Thanks in advance, Tom

Re: [Configuration] Does DefaultConfigurationBuilder support reloading strategies?

Posted by Oliver Heger <ol...@oliver-heger.de>.
Tom Muldoon wrote:
> Using the 20070103 nightly build, I am trying to use the
> FileChangedReloadingStrategy in conjunction with the
> DefaultConfigurationBuilder but I'm not seeing property changes
> reflected. Here's my simple configuration.xml:
>
> <configuration>
>  <header>
>    <result delimiterParsingDisabled="true">
>    </result>
>    <combiner>
>      <additional>
>        <list-nodes>
>          <node>table</node>
>        </list-nodes>
>      </additional>
>    </combiner>
>  </header>
>  <override>
>    <xml fileName="test-config1.xml" config-optional="true">
>      <reloadingStrategy
> config-class="org.apache.commons.configuration.reloading.FileChangedReloadingStrategy"/>
>
>    </xml>
>  </override>
>  <additional>
>  </additional>
> </configuration>
>
> The DefaultConfigurationBuilder supports reloading, right?
>
> Thanks in advance, Tom

Yes, it does. However there was a bug [1] causing some trouble. To
enable reloading you have to manually set the forceReloadCheck property
on the CombinedConfiguration returned by the builder. I will have to
update the user guide addressing this problem.

Oliver

[1] http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CONFIGURATION-240