Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Lucas Brasilino <lu...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/11 18:32:35 UTC

[users@httpd] Response handling: how to mod_headers be the last module in a response chain with Apache 2.0 ?

Hi Folks:

I'm using Apache 2.0.59 in a SLES9/OES 1.0.

I've got a problem/doubt that I'm looking around but I cannot figure out
how to resolve. Many documentations says that with Apache 2.0 the order
of module loading isn't important in response chain, but I didn't find
how to set mod_headers to be the last handler of a response.

Let me clarify:
I've got a Zope server behind an Apache which is using mod_rewrite and
mod_cache in a VirtualHost context to improve fetching performance.
The problem is that IE 6 seems not be following the HTTP headers
Expire and Cache-Control, both generated by CacheFu, which says  that
this content should be cached for 60 seconds:

Expires: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 16:54:59 GMT (1 minute after fetch date)
Cache-Control: max-age=60, must-revalidate

IE 6 seems to be caching it forever!!

So, I how can I set mod_headers to be the last handler, in order to Apache
get a content from cache (through mod_cache) and before send it to
IE, it sets the headers:

Cache-Control: no-cache
Pragma: no-cache
Expires: -1

On if IE user agent is fetching, as said at
http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B234067&x=12&y=8

??

Thanks a lot in advance, regards
Lucas Brasilino