Posted to user@roller.apache.org by fengjun <fe...@solutions.sh> on 2005/10/10 07:17:08 UTC

How can I combine the roller to my web application as the only one ?

Hi:

How can I combine the roller to my web application as the only one ?

Thanks
--
fengjun <fe...@solutions.sh>

Re: ClientAbortException: java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: socket write error

Posted by Dave Johnson <da...@rollerweblogger.org>.
At one point, the only way to shut off those client abort exceptions
was to set Velocity logging to FATAL errors only. This is probably
worth another look.

- Dave

Posted by Anil Gangolli <an...@busybuddha.org>.

Posted by Gili <co...@bbs.darktech.org>.

http://www.desktopbeautifier.com/

Re: ClientAbortException: java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: socket write error

Posted by Anil Gangolli <an...@busybuddha.org>.

Re: MediaCast and error404.jsp Bug?

Posted by Greg Hamer <ro...@gmail.com>.
Dave,

Thank you for the data from the debugger.  It helped us to resolved a problem that we had misdiagnosed.

We addressed the problem we had experienced by correcting code on the server the MediaCast urls referenced which also were not including content-length in the HTTP HEADs.  I am sorry that I was unable to provide MediaCast urls to that server, but it currently is not accessible from the public Internet.

Thank you again for your great work and the work of all of the Roller Team!

            Best regards,

Posted by Dave Johnson <da...@rollerweblogger.org>.
Greg,

Posted by Greg Hamer <ro...@gmail.com>.
Anil,

[...]

  ERROR 2005-10-13 18:10:31,890 WeblogEntryFormAction:checkMediaCast - ERROR checking MediaCast URL

Posted by Anil Gangolli <an...@busybuddha.org>.
Comments inline...

Greg Hamer wrote:

>Gentleman,
>
>Should I be concerned about the following warning that I am seeing in my ApplicationContext log following application startup?:
>  ClientAbortException:  java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: socket write error
>The full log from startup follows at the end.  I am running Roller v1.2 on Tomcat 5.5 on Windows XP.
>
>Note, the warning is recorded in the log when the first user logs in.  (In the log below, there is an 8 minute time difference between startup and the warning being recorded.)  Also, I start Tomcat at the command line and the message is not displayed in the stdout.

I suspect the causes of the first exception and the other (MediaCast)
one are different.

In your logs you show:

Oct 21, 2005 5:43:44 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve status
WARNING: Exception Processing ErrorPage[errorCode=404, location=/error404.jsp]

just before the ClientAbortException stack trace.  This looks like a bug in the error404.jsp page (which you may have customized, or it may be a bug in the Roller distribution copy of this page).  It isn't expected in two senses.  First, we shouldn't be getting a 404 error here; it suggests that there may be an incorrect URL in some initial redirect/forwarding logic you're using.  Second, we shouldn't be getting an exception while processing the error page when we do get the 404.   The ClientAbortException here may be the client browser balking at whatever it is getting at that point.  More generally, it indicates the browser has closed its socket while the server is still trying to send.

If it happens in a stock (not customized) Roller install, please file a bug.  If you're using any of your own redirects, then setting up access logging in Tomcat should provide more clues about the URLs Tomcat is seeing in requests.

I suspect that the MediaCast exception probably has a different underlying cause; it looks more like a Roller bug.   More info is needed to look at that.  Does it happen consistently on a given URL? You can file this on our JIRA with example URLs and exception log content and we'll look into it.

--a