Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com> on 2016/02/08 19:42:29 UTC

[FLEXJS] FlexJS Event: Monday April 4, 2016 in San Francisco

It's on!  The conference room is booked and I've got my plane tickets.
Even if you already said you will attend, please reply again to confirm.

The event will be held in the ATS Training Room at Adobe's San Francisco
office located at 601 Townsend St.

The current agenda is:
 9:30am Doors Open
10:00am Introduction to FlexJS - Alex Harui
11:00am Writing JavaScript in ActionScript - Omprakash Muppirala
12:00pm - 5:00pm (or later) Hackathon/Hands-on Training/Open Discussion

There will be lunch as part of the afternoon session.  Impromptu
presentations on other aspects of FlexJS may be put together and presented
in the afternoon as discussion topics arise.

At the end of the morning sessions, you will have seen how FlexJS works
and how you can use MXML and ActionScript to write applications that run
in browser and as desktop and mobile apps with or without the Flash/AIR
runtime.  And you will have an understanding of how ActionScript is being
used to write JavaScript with greater developer productivity.  Did you
know:  there are no longer any .js files in the FlexJS code base.  All
JavaScript we need is written in ActionScript and cross-compiled.  No more
forgetting to type 'this.' or mis-typing a property name and finding out
at run-time.

At the end of the afternoon session, you will have installed the FlexJS
SDK and written (at least) a simple application and, if interested, set up
the FlexJS development environment so you can contribute to the future of
Flex.

Hope to see you there.
-Alex

PS:  If this event proves to be successful, we might stage other events in
other regions during the year.  Seattle is certainly a possibility.

Re: [FLEXJS] FlexJS Event: Monday April 4, 2016 in San Francisco

Posted by Michael Schmalle <te...@gmail.com>.
It's kewl to see this. I think I might try something with Cordova, but it
might take me a bit to get going. I will try and use a native extension but
I must say, my whole understanding of the HTML/JS UI is not that great.

Maybe I will have an example of Cordova and FlexJS by April, is my favorite
time of year. ;-)

I know Om talked about SVG and I showed him some apps that I would need UI
for but it ended there.

Mike

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Om,

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 2/8/16, 1:28 PM, "Petr Nemecek" <pn...@cmail.cz> wrote:

>Good agenda, would love to go, but too far for me. I hope you could make
>one of next stops somewhere in Europe.

If there is an ApacheCon in Europe this fall, I think I will be able to go
and also have one or more of these Flex events on the same trip.

>Any chance to record whole day and publish it?

I'll think about a way to do that.  We might try an Adobe Connect hookup,
but not sure how the audio will work.

-Alex

Re: [FLEXJS] FlexJS Event: Monday April 4, 2016 in San Francisco

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.
I could probably come to Frankfurt in the Fall depending on scheduling and Jewish holidays.

There’s actually an odd chance I might be able to make it to San Francisco in April, but I’m not going to know for another couple of weeks whether that’s a possibility.

I’m also thinking of trying to arrange something in Israel in the spring/summer time-frame. Israel has a vibrant JS community, and I’d love to help FlexJS get a foot-hold here...

Harbs

AW: [FLEXJS] FlexJS Event: Monday April 4, 2016 in San Francisco