Posted to user@flink.apache.org by "au.fp2018" <au...@gmail.com> on 2018/05/07 00:57:54 UTC

Standalone HA Cluster using Shared Zookeeper

Hello All,

I am planning on setting up a Standalone HA Cluster using the same Zookeeper
cluster I've that is managing a Kafka Cluster. The Zookeeper cluster for
Kafka has a /kafka chroot specified and for flink the chroot would be /flink
(so they are isolated).

Are there any downsides to this approach?

Also what is the purpose of this configuration:

   high-availability.cluster-id: /default_ns # important: customize per
cluster

Since I am not planning on running multiple HA clusters, do I have to worry
about this i.e. setting it to the default is good enough ?

Thanks,
Andre

Re: Standalone HA Cluster using Shared Zookeeper

Posted by "au.fp2018" <au...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Fabian

After I understood the purpose of cluster-id configuration, I did end up
changing the default to something more specific to my cluster.

Fabian Hueske-2 wrote

Posted by Fabian Hueske <fh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andre,