Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Arun Gupta <ar...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/10 19:50:01 UTC

Exclude "web.xml" from war packaging

I'd like to exclude web.xml from WAR packaging and tried

<packagingExcludes>WEB-INF/*.xml</packagingExcludes>

and

<webResources>
                        <resource>
                            <directory>src</directory>
                            <excludes>
                                <exclude>**/*.xml</exclude>
                            </excludes>
                        </resource>
                    </webResources>

but Maven seems to complain:

Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: Error
assembling WAR: Deployment descriptor:
/Users/arungupta/samples/running/helloworld/target/helloworld-1.0-SNAPSHOT/WEB-INF/web.xml
does not exist.
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.war.WarMojo.execute(WarMojo.java:146)
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:451)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:558)
        ... 16 more

Any idea on how can I exclude "web.xml" from WAR packaging ?

-Arun

--
Need Application Server ? - Download glassfish.org
Blog: http://blogs.sun.com/arungupta

RE: Exclude "web.xml" from war packaging

Posted by arungupta <ar...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, just figured that out.

Here is the exact fragment in case folks are wondering:

                <configuration>
                    <failOnMissingWebXml>false</failOnMissingWebXml>
                </configuration>

-Arun

Posted by "Edelson, Justin" <Ju...@mtvstaff.com>.

Posted by arungupta <ar...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
if web.xml is excluded from war to be deployed
where would the container read the configuration servlet-mapping,welcome-file
?
Martin Gainty

> Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 10:50:01 -0700
> Subject: Exclude "web.xml" from war packaging
> From: arun.gupta@gmail.com
> To: users@maven.apache.org
>
> I'd like to exclude web.xml from WAR packaging and tried
>
> <packagingExcludes>WEB-INF/*.xml</packagingExcludes>
>
> and
>
> <webResources>
>                         <resource>
>                             <directory>src</directory>
>                             <excludes>
>                                 <exclude>**/*.xml</exclude>
>                             </excludes>
>                         </resource>
>                     </webResources>
>
> but Maven seems to complain:
>
> Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: Error
> assembling WAR: Deployment descriptor:
> /Users/arungupta/samples/running/helloworld/target/helloworld-1.0-SNAPSHOT/WEB-INF/web.xml
> does not exist.
>         at org.apache.maven.plugin.war.WarMojo.execute(WarMojo.java:146)
>         at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:451)
>         at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:558)
>         ... 16 more
>
> Any idea on how can I exclude "web.xml" from WAR packaging ?
>
> -Arun
>
> --
> Need Application Server ? - Download glassfish.org
> Blog: http://blogs.sun.com/arungupta

Get free photo software from Windows Live
http://www.windowslive.com/online/photos?ocid=PID23393::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:SI_PH_software:082009